Week Three Debrief

Friday, September 16, 2016

Taking Things in Stride


Time for the week three debrief.  Well, I've been thrown off my schedule a bit due to some things that are happening locally, but I'm still slightly ahead.  Just have to take these things in stride.  Besides, what would life be like without getting served a curveball every now and then?  Hence the importance of planning ahead!



The Week in Review


I found myself a little rushed earlier in the week to complete Learning Activity #2.  Hindsight being 20/20, I wouldn't mind going back and spending a little more time on that assignment, but I have no regrets about posting it early.  I figured it was better to be safe than to be sorry.  Besides, it gives me a little extra time to prepare for Learning Activity #3.

I did find some time to view the Learning Activity #1 & #2 video review.  I know I talked about this a little bit on Wednesday in Coursework Ahead but I really found this review session helpful.  I was actually a little surprised at how much I ended up picking up which give me a little confidence moving forward.  That said, there were also some 'doh' moments on things that I missed.  I don't know if I would have picked any of these up if I spent more time on LA #2, but I know I wasn't that far off target.

I was not able to view a chapel service on Wednesday night or get back to the video lectures last night.  If I have some time this weekend I'll wrap those up so I can spend the rest of my time on the next learning activity.  My mind has already shot off in a number of directions on how to tackle this next challenge so I'm kind of excited.

What Did I Learn?


The entirety of this week was really centered around Learning Activity #2.  Given all the preparation and learning I did for Learning Activity #1, there wasn't really anything new for me.  But I am amazed at how much information you can extract from just a few sentences.  It was a real eye-opening experience.  Learning Activity #3 should be interesting to see if I am ready to put what I've learned into practice in a broader sense.

I also learned that it's a wonderful thing to be surrounded by so many passionate and caring classmates.  While it was a difficult week for me, I really appreciated their support and prayers.  We're all on this adventure together.

Lessons Learned and Best Practices


I learned a very valuable lesson this week.  It's good to reach out to your GTA and professor when you need help.  And the sooner the better!

One of the great things about being in the seminary community is the realization that we are all one in Christ.  We have all been brought here together in the spirit of worship, growth, and service.  Given that fact, I have confidence that the faculty and staff are committed to seeing me achieve my goals and to equip me for the effective sharing of the gospel.  This program has been carefully constructed for my own development and to drive me closer to God and His Word.

The academic grades are secondary to the ability to apply this learning in my life.  Even so, it's important to realize that no one is interested in seeing anybody fail.  And I am so thankful for that.  My GTA was a big help to me this week and while I hope that I won't need her assistance so much in the coming weeks, it's nice to know I can count on her if needed.

So the big lesson this week - get to know your GTA and don't hesitate to reach out if you really need help or like in my case, life happens.   

BE101 Statistics


Based on the total number of grade points in the course, I can calculate my progress towards completion.  I am also tracking the amount of time that I am spending on the course which will help me budget my time moving forward and give you a rough estimate of the time required.  Do keep in mind though that this is the only class I am taking, so I am probably spending a little more time on this than I normally would if I was taking other classes.

BE101 Progress
Time Commitment (hrs)
BE101 Time Commitment Trend

No comments:

Post a Comment