I Can See the Finish Line

Monday, November 21, 2016

Home Stretch


I've now completed over 75% of my coursework for BE101 and with only 4 more short weeks to go, it's time to dig in and sprint to the finish.  While my health has not been overly cooperative, I feel good that I'll be able to suck it up to make a final push to the finish line.



 

Things Are Coming Together


What is perhaps most interesting at this time of the semester is to see how all the material is beginning to come together.  I certainly had my struggles with a couple of the assignments, but by God's grace, I've managed to persevere and do quite well.  As the final assignments come into focus, I am beginning to see why we spent so much time in certain areas on the earlier assignments which have set me up nicely for the final stretch.

Another interesting observation that I have is that the newer material is really expanding my thinking when it comes to studying the Bible.  The technical tools that I've applied thus far are beginning to give way to broader topics of application.  This is really exciting as I can already see how this course has prepared me well to perform a better study which will lead to better teaching.

I am quite frankly surprised to learn how rich and diverse a study of the Bible can be.  I think often, we tend to consume the Bible in very discreet quantities which really robs us of the fullness of its riches.  From studying its various literary forms to researching its cultural and historical background, I've gained a new appreciation for how awesome the Bible really is.  I have no doubt that I'll continue to apply the skills I've learned in this class for the rest of my life.

But I'm Not Done Yet


It's a wee too early to get all nostalgic about this class; I still have 4 more weeks to go.  That said, the end is in sight and from what I can gather, the majority of the heavy lifting is behind me.  This week, I'm going to focus on completing Modules 10 and 11 which contain all reading and lecture assignments.  I still have one learning activity to polish off from Module 9, but I have about nine more days to wrap that up.

On the learning activity, I think I'm actually going to revisit some of the lecture videos again before tackling it.  I'll be creating a mechanical layout of a passage of scripture and I found the lecture videos to be very helpful.  I think after watching them again, I'll be able to make short work of completing the assignment.

BE101 Statistics


I'm just about at the 3/4 mark of the BE101 class.  Here's how things look through 11 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment