My Journey in Online Seminary

Monday, August 8, 2016

Plans are Starting to Come Together


I've decided after careful consideration and thoughtful prayer to pursue an online degree program at Dallas Theological Seminary (DTS).  Making a decision to pursue any degree is fraught with uncertainty and I think that is only compounded when deciding to study entirely online.

I've decided to create this blog to document my exploits in the hopes that I might provide you with some insights which might help you in your own considerations for study.


Join Me on My Journey


I'm sure this is going to be an interesting journey and I'm looking forward to sharing my experiences in a lighthearted and candid manner.  Please enjoy laughing at me in my failures and celebrating with me in my successes.

Being new to blogging, I'm sure I'll have some interesting experiences on this page as well.  I figure I'll get my feet underneath me soon enough though and I look forward to interacting with all of you.  Appreciate any advice and support you have to offer and I'm happy to answer anyone's questions as my time allows.

Some Basic Ground Rules

  1. I welcome and encourage your feedback but please refrain from using any course language in your comments.  I want this to be a family friendly page and will work to keep it so.
  2. This blog is really going to be more about my perspectives and experiences.  I plan to write in a fair and balanced way realizing that I am ultimately responsible for my own actions and performance as I pursue my education.
  3. My views are my own and should not be considered representative of DTS.  DTS has an outstanding reputation in training up students in service to the Lord in a wide range of ministries.  This will stand regardless of where my journey at DTS eventually ends.
  4. I give all the glory to God for this opportunity to study and share with you.  I hope and pray to work and write in a manner worthy of calling myself a follower of Christ.
I hope you enjoy this page and will find it useful.  I look forward to sharing this adventure with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment